DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Corrective Action Soil Cap
In 1940, the federal government purchased what was then ranch land with the purpose to build an ordnance plant. At the time, Remington Arms operate d the plant as a small arms ammunition center from 1941 until the end of World War II. The plant manufactured .30 and .50 caliber cartridges, cases, jackets and incendiary R-6 cartridges for ground forces for the war. Kaiser Industries introduced 8” and 155-millimeter artillery shells to the plant in 1944 and 1945. After the end of World War II, the Ordnance Plant was transformed to the Denver Federal Center. The sole purpose of the DFC was to be used by federal agencies for local offices and laboratories.